Monday, December 2, 2013

Chapter 9 : Girlfriend

I looked at the picture and back at Minho. He was just smiling as if there was nothing wrong. “You remembered?” I stood up from where I was sitting and walked up to him. “Yeah, how could I forget this picture? After we took this, I took a bite of your ice-cream and you almost cried but I stopped you by saying that I would get you a whole truck of ice-cream” he just laughed while looking back at the picture. I couldn’t believe it. He could remember every single detail from the theme park? He remembers me? Why didn’t he tell me in the first place? I looked at him for a long time and couldn’t stop the tears that was running down my cheeks as if it was raining, happy tears to be exact. “Why… why didn’t you… tell me about this earlier? Why do you have to make me feel… so alone this whole time?” I felt relieved for letting these tears out as I had been keeping them inside of me for a long time now. “I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone all this while and I’m always by your side. Just like what you did to me while I was in the hospital. I knew that it was you who’s been holding on to my hand even though I was unconscious at the time and I hope that you realize that I’m with you no matter what” His words just makes me feel like jumping up and down but I controlled myself from doing so as it would be a bit embarrassing to do it in front of him. I was really happy about the good news.
*************************************************************************************
After handing over the first and second script to the director he seemed very pleased with my work. “As I expected from yesterday, you’ve done very well even on the first episode and the second was just nice. Unfortunately… ” I felt that something bad was going to happen and it was even worse than what I had imagined. “I have a lot of work to do and had to go overseas today and if not I would let my secretary hand this over to Kim Woo Bin but unfortunately he had to come along. So, here is Woo Bin’s address and please hand it over to him personally. I don’t trust any of my workers because this is still in a working process and I don’t want anyone leaking out this important information” I took the script back from his hands and just smile unwillingly. Great! Now I have to face off that cocky Kim Woo Bin.
I took a cab to his house and it was huge. I didn’t want to let myself down by awing his ‘magnificent’ house. I rang the doorbell and it was him “Oh, well well.. if it isn’t Miss Fashion Crime!” he said on the screen which was by the gate. “Listen, I’m here because I need to hand this over to you” “What? I can’t see” he tried leaning over to the screen and I just shoved the script behind me. “Come out if you want to see it” I said. “Why would I go outside where it’s hot when you could just enter my lovely house?” He really is indeed a big headed person. Showing off his glamorous life. How I wish I could share this news with the rest of the world so that he would probably stop being so arrogant to me but I guess that would just make my drama from a high-rating to a no-rating. The gate was open wide by itself. I entered and he was sitting on the sofa in the living room watching an entertainment show ‘Running Man’ on the huge television screen. “Come, sit down” he said while patting the sofa right next to him but I sat on the sofa that was on the other side of the room. “Okay, what do you want? Tea? Coffee? Juice?” he got up and went to the kitchen. “No thanks. I’m here because of one reason and that is…” “Chill… no need to tense up. Here, have a drink first” he said while handing me a canned drink that he already open up for me. He was just smiling. I don’t know if that smile is sincere or what. “Thanks” Why is he so nice all of a sudden? “I know what you’re thinking. “He was so arrogant before and all of a sudden he’s so nice?”” That really scared me. Don’t tell me that he’s psychic? “Actually, Aiman ssi. I’m not as you think I am. I asked the director what role I got and he said that I was the arrogant king. That’s why I’ve been acting really weird around you. I hope you’re not upset with my behavior” When I think about it, the character that I was imagining for the king was an arrogant type of person and it suits Woo Bin pretty well. “What about what you said to me about quitting?” I asked him “Oh, don’t take it too seriously. Please don’t quit. If the director has confidence in you, then count me in” he ended with a smile. Is this a joke? Because he is a famous actor and actors are known to trick the audience with their ability to change characters instantly. I was starting to believe in his words. So, I handed him the script. “By the way, who’s going to be the lead woman?” I asked “Hmm… the director haven’t decided yet but there are some actresses that are in his mind at the moment” We talked a lot about the drama and I explained everything that was written on the script for him to understand but I guess he already knows how the story goes because he kept cutting in my lines. He really is actually a nice person once you get to know him.
*************************************************************************************
                        Dad got a boost in his salary after getting promoted. So, he sent some money for me to enjoy. I felt really happy knowing that he had sent me money and I could spend it on anything I ever wanted. Handbag, clothes, shoes are things that every girl needs but I feel like I’ve already had enough things in my closet. I called Jonghyun to ask if he’s free because I wanted to treat him to a special coffee shop by the outskirts of town. We arrived at the same time and the first thing that Jonghyun said was “Why me?” It kind of made me wanted to laugh a little. “Does everything in this world need explanations?” I asked him back. “It’s because when I did the presentation of the five of you during my university years, the professor liked you the best among the rest. So, that’s why…” I said while putting my hands up as if I made the greatest decision ever. “Ah… Wow! I never thought that Miss Aiman ssi here is such a nice person. But seriously, why all of a sudden?” I laughed at his comment “It’s because my dad got some extra money from getting promoted and he sent me some just today. Oh, one other thing. Could you not tell about this to the others? I wanted to treat them as well but…” and as usual, Jonghyun cuts off my line. “No! Don’t ever treat them to anything. Arachi (understand)?” he said while shaking his head and puts up a finger saying ‘NO’ after taking a sip of coffee. “Just treat ME! Okay? Okay…” he pointed to himself. All I could do was just to laugh at his charming attitude and said okay.
                “How much did your dad sent?” Jonghyun asks. I told him the amount and suddenly his jaw dropped wide open. “Chincha (really)?!” he exclaimed. “Ne (yes)... What’s wrong?” I was curious to why his expression was like that. “Maybe you don’t know this but that amount of money is a lot for someone to carry around” he explained. “Really? Actually I don’t know what to spend it on…” my mind started to drift away trying to think of anything that I could buy with the money. “Hurm… Okay, since you don’t know…” he stood up all of a sudden and grabbed my hands and pulled me out to the door and got me into his car. “Wait! Jonghyun, where are we going?” I asked him after he drove the car. “We… are… going… to… go…” he said while his eyes were still lock on the road. “…SHOPINNG!!” he yelled by my ear and lets go of the steering wheel for a few seconds just to show me his dance move a little. Then, we arrived at a shopping mall in the centre of town. He did his best in covering his face with a scarf and a pair of glasses so that no one could recognize him. The first stop was the clothing area. He picked a shop which had the latest design in the season. “Okay, now choose and I’ll judge” said Jonghyun. “You? Judge?” I laughed sarcastically. I went choosing two at first but then Jonghyun added five more. I tried every piece and they were all so spectacular. I tried the first one and he shook his head. The second one was a red dress which had some polka dots designed on them. He shook his head again but when it comes to the third and the rest, he likes them a lot. I liked them too. After that entire shopping spree, buying clothes, a handbag and some pair of shoes, we decided to stop as Jonghyun had some schedules to attend. On the way walking back to the car, I said “I thought Key was the shopaholic one because of his great taste in fashion” Then I saw Jonghyun rolling his eyes as if he didn’t agreed to what I was saying “Are you saying that I don’t have a taste in fashion?” he said while bulging his eyes at me. “You do have it too but Key has a higher standard when it comes to fashion” I laughed and he seems like he was upset but laughed along in the end. While walking to the exit we saw a girl walk by and talking to her friends about her favorite member in SHINee. Jonghyun just looks at me and said “You know, you should be a Shawol too as a sign of us becoming friends” I just punched him on the shoulder. “What? A Shawol? Don’t you know? I’m already a Shawol since the day I met you guys…” my voice trailed off and I avoided eye contact. “Wow! Really? Haha… I’m proud of you” said Jonghyun. As we were about to exit, a huge gust of wind was blowing at us and Jonghyun’s scarf came off. The girl who was walking right beside us saw him and quickly yelled “Oh! Kim Jonghyun?!” She took out her camera trying to get a shot of Jonghyun. I saw a group of school girls who just walked in front of us suddenly spun their head around looking into our direction like a group of zombies who just found two delicious brains to suck on. Jonghyun just keeps his head down and took a grip of my hand while trying to avoid the upcoming fans that heard the girl’s yelling before. He pulled me into his car and somehow I could hear someone screaming “A girlfriend?!”

No comments:

Post a Comment