Friday, December 6, 2013

Chapter 10 : A Nightmare

I really hope that this incident won’t cause a controversy because I don’t want them to get in trouble but when we were inside the car, I could feel a strange presence observing us from afar. I stayed quiet the whole time and it seems Jonghyun was quiet too. I tried breaking the awkwardness by telling him about my career as a scriptwriter. That surely lifted the mood up when Jonghyun suggested some actresses that could be the lead woman. He really is an expert when talking about female stars. After all that laughter, it seems that the road to our apartment was full of cars. There was a heavy traffic. Jonghyun suggested that I should follow him to the broadcasting studio for their performance on one of the music program. I only agreed as I didn’t want to burden him anymore.
                It was a windy day and I had to hug myself from the coldness. Jonghyun led us to their resting room which was shared with EXO. As soon as I entered, I was really shocked to see the members of EXO because there were a dozen of them. I said my greetings and sat on the sofa when Onew welcomed me happily to the studio for the first time. I wanted to chat with him more but they had to go on stage for a pre-recording. I was left in the room with some of the members of EXO because I counted there were only seven of them when there are supposed to be twelve. Two makeup artists were doing their jobs. I wanted to talk to them and get to know them better but I guess I was nervous or something because I kept hugging myself from the coldness before. I don’t know why but I still get the chill even if I’m indoors. Everytime I glanced at them there were glancing back at me. I ignored them and took out my small laptop from my bag and started typing for the third episode. As I was typing, one of them walked up to me and handed me a jacket. “Here, you look like you’re going to die from coldness” he said. Okay, that was really a sarcastic thing to say but I only looked at the coat and back at him. “It’s okay, its Taemin’s. I’m sure he won’t mind about it” he said confidently. Speaking of Taemin, I remembered about Kai who was one of EXO. “Er… thank you. By the way, who’s Kai?” “Oh? Kai? He just went out a couple of minutes ago. Considering that you don’t recognize who Kai is, I’m guessing that you don’t know our names?” I just shook my head and he went to the other side of the room where the other members were and exclaimed “Hana, dul, set! (one, two, three) We are ONE! Annyeonghaseyo EXO imnida (Hello, we are EXO)!” They bowed and said their names one by one – D.O, Suho, Kris, Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun and Baekhyun. The one who talked to me earlier was Suho. After I introduced myself, we started talking to each other. I told them about Taemin’s kittens Ace and Kai when suddenly, another member entered the room and Chanyeol started meowing for no reason. The others joined him as well. I guess that was Kai. “What’s wrong with you guys?” said Kai while looking at his lunatic members and started laughing. “Hey, did you know that Taemin had ‘kept’ you as a pet this whole time?” said Suho while making his eyes bigger. “What are you talking about?” Kai seemed really curious. “Aiman ssi here, told us that Taemin kept two kittens and one of them was named Kai because he’s reminded of you” said Baekhyun while pointing his finger to my direction. “What? He named a kitten after my name? He promised not to name it Kai…” he said to himself. “What? You already knew about this?” said Luhan. “Wait, they aren’t just Taemin’s right? They’re also YOURS?” Chanyeol exclaimed. Then the other members started to laugh out loud. I join in the laugh and the door was wide open. It was Minho and the rest, they’ve finished pre-recording and was surprised to see me talking to the other members. “What are you guys talking about?” said Minho while sitting on the sofa next to me. I just shifted a bit because it wasn’t very comfortable for me sitting next to him this close. Suddenly, Kai walked up to Taemin when I was about to tell him that I was borrowing his jacket. “I thought you promised not to name it Kai?” Kai only whispered to Taemin and he seemed pretty shocked about it. He turned to my direction with those bulging eyes. I looked away and Taemin blurted out “You told them?” “Mianhe (sorry)…” I really am regretting what I just did and felt sorry for Taemin. He looked back at Kai and explained. “What’s wrong with them?” I was surprised when I heard a deep voice by my ear when my eyes were locked on Taemin and Kai, worried that they might argue about it. I turned around and it was Minho. “Nothing” I simply answered back. He just looked at me for a few seconds and turned his head to Jonghyun and started talking to him.
“Aiman ssi, come on. I’ll send you back home” Jonghyun suggested. “SHINee, another 10 minutes and you’re on stage again” a man entered the room. I guess he must be one of the crews. I looked back at Jonghyun and said “You know what, staying here a bit longer wouldn’t hurt right?” he just nodded as a sign of agreement to my suggestion. I continued typing and suddenly my brain was jammed for a while so I took a chance to take a walk outside. As I was going outside, Key wanted to tag along. He wanted to get a grab of some hot drinks before going back. After getting our drinks, we realized that the distance between the coffee shop and back to the room was really far away. So Key decided to make it a race to see who could make it faster. While we were running, one of my heels broke off. It was actually a bit embarrassing to me because I realized that the shoe was already worn out and I didn’t notice that at all. I remembered about the shoes that I bought earlier with Jonghyun so I suggested we walked back to the room but Key declined by saying “No! I am not walking with someone who just broke off their shoes on purpose. I would be totally embarrassed about it” As usual, Key with his sarcastic comments. “Wait here, I’ll go and get those shoes for you” he said while pushing me to sit down at a bench nearby. He walked away without saying a word and left me. Suddenly, I felt the weird presence again but then Key appeared with a bag in his hand. It was the blue high heels that I bought earlier. “Gomawo (thanks)” I said. Key was going to help put it on but I took the shoes out of his hand and wore it instantly. “Kaja (let’s go)!” I said while taking the lead. I looked back a little and saw him giggling at me. I don’t know why. We arrived back just in time before they had to go on stage. Key took a last preparation by putting on some black eyeliner. That’s so Key, a diva. While they’re on stage, I continued typing my script. The room felt at ease as there was no one around except for a few makeup artists talking to each other. Finally, I finished the third episode and they were back with a trophy in their hands. Taemin was screaming and singing the chorus of their new song repeatedly. Seeing him like that made me put a smile on my face eventhough I was really tired staying in that room for almost 5 hours I think. They were taking their things with them and we left the studio. I rode with Jonghyun with his car and Taemin tagged along while the others just rode their van. As soon as I got in the car, I fell asleep right away. Somehow while I was asleep, I heard some voices in my mind “Minho… Kid… Marry… Rachel…” I really don’t understand anything so I just kept sleeping from the tiredness.
As soon as we arrived, I was already wide awake. We walked together to our own apartment and I just threw all my things on the table and dropped myself on the sofa. I was really tired to walk into my room so I just slept there.
*********************************************************************************
The sun was shining brightly through the window and I got up. After I freshen myself, I went to the kitchen and took a bowl, a spoon, a carton of milk and a box of cereal. As I was taking the first bite I had a strange feeling that I dreamed about something weird last night. After taking a few more spoonfuls of cereals I remembered about my dream instantly. I was about to cough everything out but I refrain myself from doing so. The dream. Yes. I remember now. I dreamed that Minho got married with Rachel and had a child. As I was thinking about it, I heard a voice of a little boy yelling from outside. I walked outside and saw a little boy in front of their house ringing the doorbell for what it seems like forever. “What are you doing?” I asked him and he turned into my direction. I was really shocked when I saw his face. It couldn’t be. It just couldn’t. “I was trying to call Minho appa (dad)” My pupils grew bigger as soon as I heard him mentioned ‘appa’.

No comments:

Post a Comment